Traders in Warrington are getting very excited about the new indoor market which is currently being constructed and Warrington Borough Council are now inviting applications for stalls in the temporary location which is due to open in Spring 2017.
In the heart of Warrington town centre, the Time Square scheme is a £107 million retail and leisure-led development that is being carried out by Warrington Borough Council to revitalise the area.
When fully completed in 2019 the scheme will create a new family-friendly shopping, restaurant and leisure experience that will have a newly developed, contemporary market hall and a stateof- the-art multiplex cinema at its heart.
Key components of the Time Square scheme will include:
- A new contemporary market to replace the current market building (which is due to be demolished in March 2017). Creating a new leisure and shopping destination that sits at the heart of the town centre.
- A new state-of-the-art, 2,500 seat, 13 screens multiplex let to Cineworld, incorporating a Superscreen.
- A range of new leisure facilities – attracting nationally and regionally recognised operators that will bring a wide range of exciting family leisure facilities.
- A new 103,000 sq. ft. office and administrative facility that will be occupied by Warrington Borough Council.
- A public square that will provide an ideal location for events, pop up retail opportunities and leisure activities.
- A new 1,160 space multi-storey car park to serve the scheme.
Work began on site earlier this year with the demolition of the former Time Square area and construction of the first element of the new scheme – a large retail unit that will temporarily house the market hall from Spring 2017.
The new “final” market building, a permanent £10 million, 31,150 sq.ft, covered market hall, will open in 2019.
If you would like further information on the new indoor market hall along with details of how to apply for a stall please email: firstname.lastname@example.org