Look whats coming to Venn Street Market
CHRISTMAS MARKETS in DECEMBER 2016
Saturdays 3rd, 10th & 17th December
(Closed 24th & 31st December 2016 – reopen 7th January 2017)
Venn Street Market is open on the first three Saturdays in December running up to Christmas with fine foods and fresh produce from a variety of small British independent and artisan producers offering all our Christmas shoppers something special for the Christmas table!
At the head of the market are two of London’s top fruit & veg market traders known for their high quality produce:
- Perry Court Farm are Kent’s first organic and biodynamic produce farm established in 1953! For Christmas there will be fresh horseradish, parsnips, brussel sprouts including a red variety (lovely flavour!), heritage roasting potatoes, Jerusalem artichokes, red cabbages and all other seasonal lines.
- Ted’s Veg from the Lincolnshire farm will bring a huge choice of fresh seasonal root vegetables and more with all the trimmings!
Essentials for Christmas:
- Picks Organic Farm – There are no excuses for not indulging in the finest Christmas dinner thanks to our new organic farm and market butcher Picks Organic Farm, selling organic meats, game and poultry. They will be taking orders up to 17th December when you can collect your produce without the queues and no middle man!
- Portland Scallop Co will be taking orders for fresh British wet and shell fish (including lobster and crab) caught off the Chesil Beach coast in Dorset – London’s best fishmonger for miles!
We have a number of Borough Market favourite cheesemongers. Last year the queues continued all day so get to the market early!
- Bath Soft Cheese – As well as their original Bath Soft Cheese, BSC produce a variety of other cheeses: soft, hard and blue. All of them made with old fashioned manual methods which gives the cheeses more flavour.
- The Borough Cheese Co bringing 18 month old Comte, Mont D’Or (seasonal soft cheese), Tome Fort St. Antoine and our Beemster Gouda.
- Montadito – Bringing Super Gold, Gold, Silver and Bronze World Cheese Award Catalan cheeses including organic – really a very special selection of Spanish queso!
- Une Normande de Londres specialise in all varieties of French cheeses, salamis, pates, pickles and chutneys. Christmas platters and beautiful Hampers are also available.
Breads, patisseries and cakes are aplenty this year with a huge variety from fresh artisan bakers:
- Olivier’s Bakery – offering a vast collection of fresh baked French breads, pastries and baguettes to the market plus Stollen bread and mince pies.
- Comptoir Gourmand have a great collection of traditional French patisseries to delight all the family
- Popina have traded at the market since 2009. This year they’ll be offering special Christmas tarts for vegetarians, GFs and vegans: butternut squash & cheddar; honey roast parsnip, carrot & beetroot; chocolate, pear & hazelnut and walnut & bourbon tart!
- Bad Brownie – the fudgiest, gooiest, tastiest and most decadent brownies including salted caramel, peanut butter, triple chocolate, earl grey, bacon & maple syrup and more.. oh so very bad!
- Flavours of Portugal – a very popular stall of Portuguese sweet & savoury cakes and pies and always selling out early!
RAW farmers and producers:
- Hook & Son – RAW organic dairy farm from East Sussex bringing Clapham a selection of milks, butter, yogurts, ghee and cream plus FR eggs – so fresh and healthy – all ingredients a great in cooking especially at Xmas!
- Superlicious Club – RAW GF superfood energy balls, bars and cakes including Coconut-Cocoa, Coffee, Ginger and Pumpkin truffles – fueled with energizing nutrients plus Baobab Power Tartlets and Blueberry Maca Balls! Pop two truffles during your mid-afternoon slump, and you’ll be good-to-go until dinnertime
- La Maison Guimauve – Special gift for Mum – artisan French Marshmallows with delicate flavours of Raspberry & Lemon, Coconut, Rose Petal or Elderflower & Champagne – perfect for vegetarians & vegans – GF, egg free, dairy free and low in fat.. Also available in assortment boxes.. heavenly!!
- Zeytoon Bar – what better way to share a meal than with a selection of olives and salads from the Mediterranean
Other specialist artisan stalls making a difference this Christmas:
- Chango Empanada – sweet Argentinian Alfajores and savoury Empanadas – something for all the family
- Hush Hush – Feast yourselves with a selection of Mediterranean quiches and salads – good honest GF, vegetarian and vegan delights for every day of the week
- Limpopo Butchers – a variety of South African Biltong that bites
- Pastificio Mansi – Excellent artisan producer of fine seasonal Italian raviolis and pastas such as Spinach, Walnuts, Nutmeg, Parmesan & Ricotta ravioli – delicioso!
- Pâté Moi – Loved by vegetarians and meat eaters. Why not try Pâté Moi’s parmesan & rosemary savoury shortbreads together with their hand-made organic mushroom pâté which is also delicious for Xmas canapés, fabulous with a glass of Prosecco or in a Beef Wellington!
- Moen & Son sizzling herby hog roast – delish.
- The Rotisserie Co’s hot spit roast chicken ciabattas – a firm favourite at Venn Street Market
- Kusina Nova’s Filipino Beef Pares, Twisted Adobo, Pansit Guisado, Chicken Afritada and gourmet Puto – needs only tasting, not explaining.
- Iberico Jack specialising in choritzo rolls with goats cheese, rocket and/or avocado – no need to eat ever again!
- Liberty Cheesesteak Co – London’s first and only authentic Philly cheesesteak made by Philly Expats.
- Nanny Outars – authentic West Indian Rotis – one of Clapham’s favourites.
- Shippo – new to Venn Street but already won over Clapham with authentic and exciting Japanese Don Buri, Oyakodon,
Tempura Rice Don and Chicken Sauce Katsu Don.. A pleasure!
- The Cheeky Indian – also new with recipes with explode in your mouth – try The Grinder (lamb in wraps with special curry sauces) or the Paneer – so tasty and unique.
CHRISTMAS TREES, WREATHS & FLOWERS
From 3rd to 17th December, Venn Street Market Flowers will be providing all of Clapham with great value and quality trees. The trees are grown in Crossways Nursery in Surrey and include Super Grade Nordman Fir and Super Grade Noble Fir. Mistletoe and handmade wreaths plus bouquets and fresh British flowers will also be available.
See our website for more details: http://www.vennstreetmarket.co.uk
Follow us on: Twitter:@vennstmarket Facebook Venn Street Market and Instagram:vennstmarket
Contact: Tel: 0207 622 8259 / Email: email@example.com